China Xinhua News Agency, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology will issue 5G commercial licenses in the near future.
It can be expected that after the issuance of commercial licenses, 5G will usher in a round of construction boom. This boom is reflected in many aspects, one of which is that many regions have already issued heavy 5G base station construction plans.
● Shanghai has built 500 5G base stations. According to the plan, more than 10,000 5G base stations will be built in Shanghai this year. By 2021, the city will build more than 30,000 5G base stations.
● According to the principle of “focus on deployment and whole coverage”, Guangzhou plans to build 10,000 5G base stations during the year to build the information hub of Dawan District, and strive to achieve 5G trial commercialization this year.
● Shenzhen Municipal Bureau of Industry and Information Technology previously revealed that the total construction of 5G base stations in the city this year was about 7,000, speeding up the 5G commercial pilot.
● Zhejiang Province plans to build 30,000 5G base stations in the province by 2020 and 80,000 5G base stations by 2022. As a Zhejiang province, Hangzhou has also written 5G base station planning and construction into Hangzhou. In the Policy, Hangzhou has also become an important city for operators to build 5G.
● Up to now, 1,361 5G base stations have been built in Hubei Province, and the indoor wiring of 57 venues of the Military Games has been completed. In the case of site and pipeline conditions, about 8,000 5G base stations will be completed before the opening of the Wuhan Military Games this year, and more than 10,000 base stations will be completed during the year. By 2021, the province will plan to build 50,000 5G base stations to achieve full coverage in Wuhan, and full coverage of the main urban areas of Yichang, Fuyang, and Ezhou.
The millimeter-wave antenna used in 5G has the disadvantages of large signal attenuation, easy blocking, and short coverage distance. Therefore, in order to prevent signal loss, 5G networks need more base stations than 4G to relay signals, while small base stations solve 5G. The main method of the problem. These small, low-power nodes can be deployed on LED streetlights that are ubiquitous and connected to circuits, so LED streetlights are seen as one of the effective and important means of improving the coverage of 5G networks, and smart LED streetlights are also considered smart cities. An important entrance to the building.
The combination of 5G and LED street lights has five major advantages: shared power supply avoids separate wiring, high installation density, wide coverage, saving base station space rental costs, seamless connection with smart devices such as sensors and video surveillance, and network infrastructure for vehicle networking.
Of course, unlike the past generations of mobile communication technologies, after the 5G network is commercialized, it will coexist with the 4G network for a long time, and the two will develop together. Moreover, the development of 5G is also inseparable from the vigorous application of industries such as autonomous driving, ultra-high definition video, and edge computing, and the application of these industries has matured for a long time.